SUMMER ESSAY WORKSHOPS ARE COMING!
The essay, or “personal statement,” is one of the most critical parts of the college application, yet many students wait until the last minute to write it. While it’s only natural to be nervous about a such a high-stakes piece of writing, procrastinating won’t help! As part of our low-stress approach to college applications, we recommend that all students complete a solid draft of their main application essay well BEFORE senior year starts.
To give students a strong head-start on their application essays, we hold Personal Essay Workshops each summer. The workshops are designed to get students started on their personal essay in a low-pressure and supportive setting, with expert guidance from a college admissions coach.
Students will leave the workshop with:
- A solid understanding of how to write an outstanding application essay.
- Ideas for personal qualities to showcase in their essay.
- A list of potential topics that will strengthen their application.
- The beginnings of a first draft for the Common App or Coalition App Essay.
- A plan to finish the essays ahead of deadlines and inspiration to keep writing!
In addition, all participating students who are not already part of the On My Way programs will receive one additional round of feedback on a future draft of any application essay.
WHO: Rising high school seniors in the Class of 2021
WHERE: Online, via Zoom Workshops
HOW MUCH: $199. The Essay Workshop is included for all students in the Comprehensive and DIY Programs.
WORKSHOP DATES FOR SUMMER 2020
2) July Essay Workshop
3) August Essay Workshop (tentative)